BIM Libraries for Archicad
that is a PRO tools for architects
Designing is always a finite process that requires the organization of time, resources and strength. Everyone runs differently, some similarly. Many times it looks like we have to spend time doing things manually, one by one. A fence in a mountainous area can be an example. Execution of the project where the posts are vertical elements and the net is at an angle, together with the tensioning ties is not the simplest, at least not the least time-consuming thing. If we have variable terrain angle – we spend longer time here. This is the time when you need to automate certain processes. Doing this with the help of standard tools is not recommendable, however, when designing tailored tools, we gain a lot of time. Below is an example of how an element looks like. How long did it take to set it? About a minute. This is our profit and this process is called optimization.
BIM or Building Information Modeling, working with the help of strictly defined tools and parameters. When working with this technology, the tools we use are important. Such tools can be found, among others, in Autodesk products such as Revit or in Graphisoft: Archicad. The program is known not only to architects but also to interior architects used for design and visualization. Interior architects rarely use this technology due to the lack of proper training as well as the lack of somehow the need to work in a group. One can be tempted to say that this is the domain of architects.
I am designing parametric models used in the Archicad program. I specialize in this program and develop my skills in architectural design as well as parametric modeling. A well-composed model gives full information to the compilation.
If the model consists of a huge number of planes in this case of “triangles” then it is suspected that it is not a native model of the program and the converted grid which can not be considered a fully functional utility model.
Both time and price are created by the required final effect. If the model costs, for example, 5 USD, it can not be expected that it will be a product family with full functionality of each element. If this is the client’s expectation, the question is whether it will be approved and approved by the end user or architect. (??)
Possibilities of models:
Generally, they are unlimited, just like the model’s theme: it can be either a door leaf, dining table, fans, air freshener, lamp or furniture set.
The above text at a glance:
- Each library is made with the utmost care and attention to detail;
- All arrangements are included in the concluded contract / email order;
- if it is necessary at a later time, changes can be made to the library;
- The price depends on the requirements and the expected final effect.
What can objects DO?
- the designed lamp models are LAMPs and we can connect the photometric data from IES files for lighting
- We design products as families or as separate models, each parametric
- The models are LIGHT and have a simple 2d symbol, which makes it easier to use them in a larger amount on a given project.
- Possibility of setting the duplication of the element and separate adjustment of the last one useful, for example at the fence library
change of the general parameter as width, length of the element height without changing the thickness of the frame – change of the parameter and not the proportion
- possible designed sets of dimensions thanks to which the user selects the dimension of interest that he / she is interested in
variant variants: additional elements such as a power supply for lamps, an overhead in the counter, various types of cabinets at the desk, variant finish of external blinds, etc.
- materials from archicad or individual program designed for a given product
- it is possible to block the dimension without being able to change it – the object can not be changed proportionally
- possible rotation around the x / y / axis from the object or its part
- the possibility of duplicating elements such as lamps in a row, roof tiles, or the number of panels in a sliding wall
- change of markers, fillings according to arrangements
- graphical interface allowing to place options such as changing variants, dimensions, materials, markers, angles, etc.
- graphics and photos can be placed in the interface – however it is not recommended for “independent” models
- a drop-down menu with contact details, addresses of showrooms, factories, representatives …
- button that directs to the page, pages
- variant menu
- carpet stairs? steps protruding from the wall? Of course, the most – full parameter and customization
THE INDEPENDENT MODEL is a model which all processes take place in one file. It does not need a second file to work. Thanks to this, if it is used for the project, placed in the archival file and moved, it will not generate an error and can be used for subsequent projects